Skip to main content

Lost in the Struggle


As I begin another work work, I take this time to reflect and remember my gratitude.

Many years ago, I started along my path towards "self". What is my purpose? Is my purpose to work to pay bills and eventually die without leaving a legacy? I sure hope not. My road has had many twists, turns, and road blocks along the way, and I constantly remind myself that I'm still evolving but am already a totally different person than I was back then.

As a child growing up in the United States Midwest, I was raised Catholic. I rebelled against the thought of going to church or taking any religion classes. For this, I was thankful for a public school education. Even though I refused so much of this religious education, some lessons seeped through regardless.

As a young adult I moved far from that life in the Midwest to sunny Southern California where there is no "normal". Even with so much open to me, I floated through my 20's completely lost. I didn't feel a purpose to life. My wonderful young husband listened to my bemusing and reminded me of all the positives, but really I was just driving him crazy.

I finished school and began my career. My dreams of an exciting and intoxicating career came crashing down. Public accounting is hard work, long hours, and not exotic at all!  Why oh why is life so uninspiring?

Then, I hit 30! Bam, life smacked me in the head. I needed to find my inspiration! Moved to Los Angeles and became an entertainment accountant. Much better! Now for the spiritual side of life...

I spent some time studying Wicca. Now this was exciting and fascinating and I loved it, but there was one problem. I still believed in a higher power.

My next question was "Why did spirituality have to be so rigid"? Why did it have to be "this or that" instead of "this and that"? Why not combine beliefs into one wonder filled practice? So that's what I did. I kept my candles, created my own "rituals", did the breathing, all before this was "cool". I have since found wonderful teachers and tribe to support me on this path.

Without a doubt, I can say I've become more calm and centered in the past 20 years. I now able to see the wonder and beauty of everyday. I am able to breath through crazy tax seasons and client crisis. I see that all the little messes my toddler makes, are just little messes and nothing to get too upset about.

My takeaway from all of this is to just be you. No need to conform but be mindful of your choices. Find your peace, remember your gratitude even when life gets a little crazy, and know that you may be someone's light in their own darkness and confusion.

Please join my Facebook Community:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1496102720504676/?ref=bookmarks

Website: https://www.spiritofthesoul.us/

Calm and peaceful
Mindful Gratitude

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lionsgate 8/8/18

Lion's Gate is here! What exactly is this in astrological terms, you ask? Lion's Gate portal opening occurs annually during the astrological sign of Leo, i.e. the name lion.  Each year on August 8, the portal known as Lion's Gate opens. This event is a cosmic alignment between the planet Earth, the star Sirius, and the Galactic Center. To be exact, Sirius, the brightest star we can see from Earth, lines up directly with the pyramids in Giza. In ancient time, the Nile river rose in response to this event signifying abundance. This alignment allows an influx of cosmic energy flow between the physical and spiritual realms. When all three shift into alignment, a period of awakening and accelerated ascension begins. The number eight represent balance between the material and immaterial worlds. This is a time for solar plexus work to regain our balance, confidence, and energy. Release your over-stressed self! Take this to time reflect on big things such as relationships, ca

Remembering my Gratitude - Friday Reflections

Friday Reflections - Remembering my Gratitude In my line of work and lifestyle, Fridays are a perfect time for reflection on the week. Generally, I'm finishing up my work week with no Saturday excitement or Sunday blues to distract me. Today I work on remembering gratitude. Yes, I read self-help books, listen to podcasts, take the classes, and try meditation - more on meditation at a different time, but now is the time to practice what I learn. Life gets busy with work and kids and all the expectations placed upon us, therefore; I find that I need to stop everything, breathe, listen to my body and mind, and be thankful. While drowning in life's ciaos, it is very easy to forget all of our blessings. Let's face it, being an accountant, even in the entertainment industry, is not a glamorous career. After a long day of being submerged in numbers and inundated with clients' constant questions and complaints, I come home to my two year old. Now as a single mom by choice
Thoughts on Lammas... This is the time of year we begin to harvest what we sow during spring planting, therefore; Lammas is recognized as first harvest. These spring plantings may be what grows in our fields and flowerbeds or may be the seed you have planted to manifest something within yourself or in your life. We celebrate and give thanks for the work we have done. Today meals shall contain breads and grains. Sacred spaces, homes, and offices will be decorated with lovely  fall colors of pale yellow and gold, deep orange, green, dark red. Fill your space with beautiful colors and fragrance incense, flowers, herbs such as cedarwood, cinnamon, ginger, poppies and sunflowers. Take today to glory in the work you have put in thus far in 2018. I leave you with Lammas blessings as I sit and gaze at my lovely sunflowers. Please join my Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1496102720504676/?ref=bookmarks Website: https://www.spiritofthesoul.us/